The Development Hub (The Hub) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
The Hub may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated on 14 December 2020.
3 Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
4 How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to keep you informed about our services and products, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect any money that you may owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions (if necessary)
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act
- to report to external stakeholders to meet contractual requirements.
4 Disclosing your personal informationWe may disclose your personal information to:
- New Zealand Government Entities who contract The Hub
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide our website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
5 Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
6 Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, then please provide a written (hardcopy or email) request . Your request should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
7 Internet use
We take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections. If you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on our website’s [message board/ chat room], you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
8 CONTACTING US
or 0800 DEVHUB, or Holt Place, Hastings, New Zealand.
For more information on the privacy laws in New Zealand and contact details for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, please visit the https://www.privacy.org.nz/